Case Code : CLHR009
Publication date : 2009
Subject : Human Resources/ Organization Behavior
Industry : -
Length : 03 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Human resources, talent sourcing, talent supply, talent pool, hiring strategies, brand equity, HR, HRD, strategy, competitive advantage, Training, communication, team building, leadership, 'Campus Ambassador Program', Infosys Leadership Institute, information technology, IT, Infosys, Infosys BPO, Progeon, Business Process Outsourcing, BPO, India
* This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
** More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
In 2004, Infosys BPO, the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) arm of one of India's leading information technology companies Infosys Technologies Ltd., started the 'Campus Ambassador Program' (CAP) in India, as part of its long-term strategy of talent sourcing and creating a talent pool. Analysts viewed this innovative strategic linkage between the industry and academia as one of the innovative hiring strategies being implemented in India.
Questions for Discussion:
1. Critically analyze Infosys BPO's Campus Ambassador Program.
2. What are the challenges faced by the BPOs in India on the HR front? How can companies overcome these challenges?
Cases on related topics:
1. Human Resource Management - Best Practices in Infosys Technologies
2. Human Resources Accounting in Infosys
3. JC Penney's People Strategy: Setting the Right Climate for Human Resource Development