Case Code : CLHR016
Publication date : 2009
Subject : HROB
Industry : Information Technology
Length : 03 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Training, computer-based training, person-to-person instruction, class-room training, computer simulations, animated training modules, custom online training game, simulation, learning management, experiential learning, innovative training tools, training methods, demographics, Generation Y, customer service, inventory, retail, ice cream parlor chain, in-store experience, Cold Stone Creamery, Persuasive Games
* This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
** More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
Infosys Technologies Ltd. (Infosys), one of India’s leading Information Technology (IT) companies, had over the years, developed a name for itself for the training and development (T&D) initiatives taken in the company. It had rigorous training programs for new recruits as well as for experienced employees. It also undertook various leadership development initiatives.
Questions for Discussion:
1. Critically analyze the training and development (T&D) activities at Infosys. According to you, what role does T&D play in the success of a firm?
2. Discuss Infosys’ approach to leadership development. What short term and long term benefits could Infosys derive from these initiatives?
Cases on Related Topic
1. Leadership Training and Development at the BBC
2. Nike's 'Sports Knowledge Underground' E-learning Initiative
3. Improving Sales Force Effectiveness: Bayer's Experiment with New Technology
4. Designing a Training Program: A Training Manager's Dilemma
5. Enhancing the Credibility of the Training Function: Involving Line in Sales Training