Case Code : CLSDM046
Publication date : 2010
Subject : Sales and Distribution
Industry : Instrumentation
Length : 02 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Instrumentation, Branch Launch Dilemma, Sales organization, Sales force strategy, Business-to-Business marketing, Industrial Marketing, Plotters, digitizers, sales strategy, redesign
* This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
** More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
This case study details the dilemma faced by a Regional Manager as he is entrusted with the responsibility of launching a new branch of the company. He has been given the mandate to start with a clean slate and also to consider setting up a new sales organization if necessary.
Questions for Discussion:
1. If you had been in Sohum Reddy's place, what decision would you have taken? Give reasons to support your answer.
2. Should he opt for a completely new sales strategy? What should the new sales organization look like? What should the role of the salesperson be? What information sources should he tap to arrive at the decision?
Cases on Related Topic
1. Marriott International Inc.'s 'Sales Force One': New Sales Force Strategy for Competitive Advantage
2. Improving Sales Force Effectiveness: Bayer's Experiment with New Technology
3. People Matters in Sales Force Management
4. Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.'s Sales Force Strategy