Nike in China
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Evaluate Nike’s entry and expansion strategies in China
- Understand how China went on to become one of Nike’s most important markets
- Examine Nike’s efforts to popularize sports and related activities in China
- Understand the challenges faced by Nike in China
- Study the problems faced by Nike in China after the 2008 Olympics
- Examine Nike’s ‘Category offense’ strategy and understand how it helped Nike gain lost ground in China.
- Explore the future strategies that Nike needs to adopt in China in the face of the changing macroeconomic situation in the country.
|SCALING THE GREAT WALL|
|NIKE FOR CHINESE|
|NIKE GROWS WITH CHINA|
Nike, China, International Business, Globalization, multinational firm, market development, entry strategies, business policy, market strategy, product positioning, Chinese economy