Environmental Justice Collaborative Problem-Solving Model
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the concept of collaborative problem-solving and its application in addressing environmental justice issues in vulnerable communities.
- Understand why EPA focused on the collaborative approach to problem-solving as a systematic approach while resolving environmental and/or health problems in communities.
- Study and analyze EPA’s application of sustainable principles and practices to its work in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Discuss and debate whether the Environmental Justice Collaborative Problem-Solving Model (EJCPS Model) delivered positive outcomes in terms of addressing the complex environmental justice issues in the community.
- Understand the difficulties in the application of the EJCPS Model and explore the ways in which it can address the issue.
|THE EJCPS MODEL|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Collaborative problem-solving; Environment justice issues; Environmental hazards; Environmental risk; Sustainable environment; Sustainable community; Reducing pollution and promoting environmentally conscious designs; Innovative environment management; Multi-stakeholders’ engagement; Stakeholders’ relationships; Stakeholder dialogue and discussion; Stakeholder management; Stakeholder tension; Stakeholders’ responsibility; Public-private partnership