Honda in India: New Challenges
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the challenges faced by companies due to the macro-environmental factors that are beyond their control.
- Appreciate the importance of modifying the strategies of a company depending upon the prevailing market conditions.
- Analyze the strategies that market challengers should follow to capture a higher market share from market leaders.
- Discuss and debate whether the steps taken by Honda India to meet the new challenges helped it in improving its performance in the Indian market.
- Explore the strategies that should be followed by Honda India to consolidate its position in the small car segment of the Indian automobile market.
|Honda In India|
|Setting The Strategy Right|
|Continuing With The Strategy Shift|
|Price Cuts And Other Initiatives|
|The Road Ahead|
Macro-environmental factors; Deregulation of petrol prices; Declining Indian Rupee; Pricing; Long-term strategy; Vision; Business Strategy; Product Management; Competition; Competitive strategy; Emerging market; India; Indian automobile market; Honda