Amazon: Betting big on a trillion dollar Indian Market
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the expanse of opportunities or the current market demand existing in online businesses.
- Understand the online infrastructure.
- Apply the ways a company can localize its business operations in India and implement the same in various business situations of going global in emerging economies.
- Analyze the competitive situation, extent of rivalry and the forces that are acting to drive the competition (using Porter’s five force model to map the level of competition).
- Evaluate the market opportunities and assess customer value to build market share.
- Apply the competitive strategies used by market leaders.
|INDIAN ONLINE RETAIL MARKET|
|THE COMPETITIVE ARENA|
|AMAZON’S INDIA STRATEGY||LOCALIZATION||LAST MILE DELIVERY||INCREASING CUSTOMER BASE||TAKING ON INDIA||EXHIBITS|
Localization,Eco system,Easyship ,Project Tatkal,Chai carts,Amazonbasics.com,Kirana shops,Flipkart,Snapdeal,COD: Cash on Delivery,GMV: gross merchandize