Battling Perceptions: The Next Challenge in Huawei's Globalization Agenda
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Analyze the effectiveness of Huawei’s lobbying efforts for tackling espionage accusations against the company.
- Design a cohesive global corporate communications program to proactively address media speculation about Ren’s close ties with the PLA..
- Tackle concerns related to lack of openness and transparency at Huawei.
- Apply strategies that help Huawei achieve brand recognition in the intensely competitive US smartphone market and enterprise market.
- Apply strategies for Huawei to become a US$ 100 billion company by 2020.
|HUAWEI – FROM SHENZHEN TO GLOBAL MARKETS|
|LEADING THE CHINESE TELECOM EQUIPMENT MARKET|
|ENTERING GLOBAL MARKETS|
|BYPASSING CHALLENGES IN TELECOM MARKET – FOCUSING ON NEW ENGINES OF GROWTH|
|THE RESULTS||LOOKING AHEAD||EXHIBITS|
Huawei Technologies Ltd, Ren Zhengfei,People’s Liberation Army, Chinese telecommunications market, National security, Espionage, Wolf culture, Cyber security, Smartphone market, Consumer business,Enterprise business, Internationalization strategy, National broadband network, Cisco,Xiaomi, Apple, Samsung, Google, ZTE Corporation