Bradley Tilden’s Dilemma Following the Alaska Airlines-Virgin America Deal (French)
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the rationale behind the Alaska Airlines and Virgin America merger and its potential synergies and evaluate the benefits of the deal to Alaska Airlines and Virgin America.
- Understand the need for consolidation in the US aviation industry and evaluate the impact of the Alaska Airlines-Virgin America merger on the industry.
- Understand the importance and challenges in post-merger integration.
- Understand the importance of cultural compatibility in making mergers successful.
- Understand the importance of brand image and brand dilution in the aviation sector.
- Identify the issues and challenges faced by Tilden following the merger and explore strategies he may adopt to overcome these challenges.
Alaska Airlines-Virgin America merger, Merger and Acquisitions, Strategic Alliances, Post-merger integration, Brand dilution, US Aviation Industry, Cultural Compatibility, Synergies