Disaster Preparedness and Recovery: India’s Tropical Cyclone Hudhud
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Analyze how disaster preparedness and mitigation are crucial for handling disasters.
- Understand how to strengthen the resilience of local communities who face the risk of natural disasters through awareness raising and training.
- Understand how capacity of communities at risk and local humanitarian workers can be built through training and awareness raising activities for disaster risk reduction.
- Understand how rehabilitation can be linked to long-term sustainable development.
- Understand the significance of technology in improving disaster preparedness.
- Analyze how project management tools and techniques can be used to improve disaster preparedness and relief.
|DISASTER MITIGATION MEASURES INITIATED|
|PREPARING FOR HUDHUD|
|USING TECHNOLOGY TO ASSESS THE DAMAGE|
|RESCUE AND RESTORATION EFFORTS|
Tropical cyclone, Hudhud, Vishakhapatnam, Indian Meteorological Department, National Disaster Management Authority, National Disaster Response Force, Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force, Disaster preparedness, Disaster risk mitigation, Cyclone shelters, Rescue and relief, Restoration,Economic losses