Bitcoin: Can It Become An Alternate Currency?
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- To learn about Bitcoin and its evolution as a digital currency and to understand the perspective of Nakamoto behind creating the first crypto-currency.
- To analyze whether Bitcoin satisfies the characteristics of a currency.
- To discuss the benefits of Bitcoin as a currency and how it addressed the shortcomings of the existing monetary system.
- To discuss the challenges that Bitcoin faced in being accepted as a mainstream currency.
- To critically analyze the potential of Bitcoin as an alternate currency.
|BRIEF HISTORY OF MONEY|
|THE EVOLUTION OF DIGITAL CURRENCY|
|THE ORIGINS OF BITCOIN|
|BITCOIN AS MONEY|
|BITCOIN: A MORE EFFICIENT MONETARY SYSTEM?|
Bitcoin, Blockchain, Satoshi Nakamoto, Currency, Monetary system, Bitcoin Mining, Digital Currency, Digital Signature Technology, Payment Technology.