Career Development and Employee Motivation Initiatives at Chipotle
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Study the people culture at Chipotle and examine its key elements.
- Understand the importance of employee motivation in an organization.
- Understand the issues and significance of developing career path for employees.
- Analyze the career advancement opportunities offered by Chipotle to its employees and how these contributed to its growth
- Analyze the challenges before Chipotle in preserving its culture and helping it evolve as it continues to expand at a fast pace
- Explore ways in which Chipotle could balance growth and preserve its people culture.
|The Chipotle Culture|
|Hiring And Promoting From Within|
|The Restaurateur Program|
|The Road Ahead|
Employee motivation; Employee engagement; Career development; Career path; Career ladder; Career advancement; Performance-based culture; Differentiation; People strategy; Human resources strategy; Employee morale; Productivity; Restaurateur program; Employee benefits; Wellness program