Being a "Pioneer" in Global Maternity Benefits: Vodafone's Talent Retention Strategy
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the issues and challenges in global human resource management and talent management.
- Understand the issues and challenges in creating a women-friendly organization and promoting more women to leadership roles.
- Understand issues related to employee retention, productivity, etc.
- Analyze Vodafone’s maternity leave and benefit policy.
- Discuss and debate whether other companies will follow Vodafone’s lead, and the issues involved in doing so.
|THE “PLUS 1” PRINCIPLE|
|GETTING WOMEN ON BOARD|
|IMPETUS TO THE NEW MATERNITY POLICY|
|INPUTS FROM KPMG STUDY|
|LAUNCHING THE POLICY|
|UNIQUE AND PIONEERING|
|THE OTHER VIEW|
Global Human Resource Management, Talent Management, Talent retention strategy, People Development, Employee Benefits, Maternity benefits policy, Diversity management, Gender diversity, Creating a women-friendly organization, Promoting women to leadership roles, Employee retention, Productivity