Beyond the Pills: Novartis Goes Digital to Reshape the Healthcare System
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the issues and challenges involved in Novartis going in for digital medicine.
- Analyze the pros and cons of Novartis going digital.
- Explore ways in which the pharmaceutical companies can venture into more digital applications.
- Analyze Novartis’ move to shift to an outcome-based model.
- Analyze the challenges faced by pharmaceutical companies in adopting such a model, and how Novartis can overcome these challenges.
|NOVARTIS’ DIGITAL INITIATIVES|
|COLLABORATION WITH GOOGLE [X]|
|DIGITALIZATION OF CLINICAL TRIALS|
|NOVARTIS’ ROBOTIC PILL|
|NOVARTIS TRIES OUTCOME-BASED PRICING|
Digitization,Digital transformation,“Smart pills”,Digital medicine,Robotic pill,Consumer behaviour,Drug adherence behaviour,Outcome-based pricing model,healthcare,Pharmaceuticals