Building a Business Organically: Johannes Gutmann and Sonnentor
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Recognize the issues and challenges in starting a new venture and managing growth.
- Understand ways in which an entrepreneur can build a sustainable business.
- Study Sonnentor’s business model.
- Discuss Gutmann’s emphasis on socially and environmentally responsible behavior.
- Analyze the challenges faced by Sonnentor and explore ways in which the venture can be scaled up further.
|EARLY EXPANSION YEARS|
|EXPANDING THE MARKET AND BUSINESS|
|GUTMANN – THE SUN IN PERSON|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Entrepreneurship, Managing Growth, Leadership, Business model, Sourcing, Production process, Quality management, Distribution, Marketing, Sustainability, Socially and environmentally responsible behavior