Hyundai India: An Able Challenger to Maruti Suzuki?
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the issues and challenges faced by companies when operating in foreign markets with different consumer tastes and preferences.
- Analyze the strategies that need to be followed by market challengers in attacking the leading players in the market (frontal, flank, encirclement, bypass, and guerilla).
- Analyze Hyundai’s competitive strategy in India.
- Discuss and debate whether HMIL will be able to maintain its position as the second biggest automobile manufacturer in India.
- Suggest the strategies that HMIL should follow in future to face the competition from other players who have been increasing their market share.
|On a March|
|Targeting the Top End of the Market|
|An Able Challenger or a Laggard?|
|The Road Ahead|
Strategic Marketing; Market Leader strategies; Market Challenger strategies; Able challenger; International Marketing; Business strategy; Competitive strategy; Emerging markets strategy; Competition; Customer service; India; Indian automobile industry; Hyundai