Chipotle’s ‘Scarecrow’ Campaign: Leveraging ICT for Communicating Sustainability
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand how Information and Communication Technology can be leveraged for communicating sustainability.
- Understand the importance of social media in the advertising strategy of firms.
- Analyze the reasons for the success of the ‘Scarecrow’ campaign.
- Understand the pros and cons of using social media channels vis-à-vis the traditional communication channels.
- Discuss the issues and challenges in communicating sustainability.
- Discuss and debate the criticism that was leveled against the Scarecrow campaign.
- Suggest the future strategies that need to be followed by Chipotle to leverage on the success of the Scarecrow campaign.
|Past Advertising Campaigns Of Chipotle|
|The 'Scarecrow' Campaign|
|In Support Of Sustainable Farming?|
Information and Communication Technology; Social media marketing; Viral Marketing; Marketing Communications; Digital marketing strategies; Promotional campaign; Brand messaging; Communicating sustainability; Advertising campaign; Social media channels; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube; Analysis of Twitter Conversations; Webisodes; Advergame; Value proposition; Sustainable farming; Ethics;