Ambushing Adidas: Nike’s ‘Risk Everything’ Campaign
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Discuss and debate the reasons behind the success of Nike’s ‘Risk Everything’ campaign.
- Examine the pros and cons of ambush marketing compared to the conventional sponsorship based promotional campaigns.
- Analyze the growing success of Nike’s ambush marketing strategies over the years.
- Understand the growing importance of social media in effectively reaching target customers.
- Explore what companies like Adidas can do to overcome the challenges posed by companies like Nike that indulge in ambush marketing.
|Nike's Past Marketing Initiatives|
|Nike's Art Of Ambushing|
|Nike's Advertising For 2014 Fifa World Cup|
|Performance Of The Campaign|
|Topling The Tournament's Official Sponsor|
Ambush marketing; Brand sponsorship; Brand communications; Story telling; Brand association; Brand identity; Brand value; pyramid of influence; Digital marketing campaign; Viral Marketing; Word of mouth strategy; Social media channels; Product placement; FIFA World Cup; Branding; Nike; Adidas