Cape Town Tourism: Employing Digital Marketing in Tourism
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the issues and challenges in tourism development and destination marketing.
- Understand how to tackle changes in the tourism demand pattern.
- Appreciate and analyze crowdsourcing for branding using social media channels.
- Analyze Cape Town Tourism’s digital marketing strategy.
- Explore ways in which Cape Town Tourism could market the Cape Town brand in the future.
|TOURISM IN CAPE TOWN|
|EFFORTS TO REPOSITION THE BRAND|
|POST-EVENT DIP & LOOKING FOR NEW AVENUES|
|TARGETING THE ‘DIGITAL NOMADS’|
|CAPE TOWN TOOLKIT|
|THE FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN|
|RESULTS AND REACTIONS|
Tourism development,Tourism marketing, Destination Marketing, Services marketing, Tourism demand determinants, ‘Post event dip’, Responsible tourism, Global marketing campaign, Repositioning, Plog’s Psychographic Classification of Tourists and Travel Motivation, Digital marketing, SOSTAC Digital Marketing Planning Model, Facebook campaign, Crowdsourcing, Content marketing