Dr Reddy’s Laboratories: Problems in the Mexico Plant
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the link between strategy and operations.
- Understand the issues and challenges in quality management.
- Understand the issues and challenges for a company from an emerging market competing in the global markets, particularly markets in the West.
- Understand the issues and challenges in competing on low cost and sustaining the low cost competitive advantage.
- Understand the importance of operational effectiveness in sustaining a low cost strategy.
|DRL And Its Business Segments|
|Acquisition Of Roche's Mexico Plant|
|The Import Ban|
Quality management; Quality assurance; Good manufacturing practices; Link between strategy and operations; Competitive strategy; Low cost strategy; Strategy clock; Sustaining Low cost advantage; Porter’s Diamond model; PESTEL; Mergers and acquisitions; FDA warning letter