Design & Quality Concerns at Honda Motors
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- To determine a company's responsibility toward its customers in maintaining the quality of its products.
- Understand how design and quality issues can damage the company’s corporate image and its brand.
- Discuss Honda Motors’ initiatives to maintain its fundamental approach to quality as well as improving the design of its future products.
- Analyze the challenges Honda Motors could face while trying to tackle design and quality issues in its products and maintain its brand image.
- Explore ways in which Honda Motors could overcome its quality and design issues.
|TROUBLE AT HONDA MOTORS|
|LAGGING BEHIND IN POWERTRAIN TECHNOLOGIES|
|OVEREMPHASIS ON OVERSEAS OPERATION|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Design,Quality,Operations management,Engineering,Product portfolio,Corporate image,Brand image,Innovation,Quality issues,Product recall,Quality Cycle,Quality enhancement systems