Conflict Palm Oil and PepsiCo's Ethical Dilemma
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the social, economic and environmental trade-offs involved in production of sustainable palm oil.
- Understand the issue of Conflict Palm Oil and its impact on the environment.
- Analyze the steps taken by PepsiCo to address the issue related to the sourcing of sustainable Palm Oil..
- Analyze the nature of criticism against PepsiCo’s palm oil sustainability efforts.
- Understand the challenges faced by PepsiCo going forward in dealing with the issue of palm oil and explore the ways in which it can overcome the challenges.
|‘PERFORMANCE WITH PURPOSE’|
|PALM OIL AND RAINFORESTS|
|ROUND TABLE ON SUSTAINABLE PALM OIL (RSPO)|
|RAINFOREST ACTION NETWORK (RAN)|
|PEPSICO’S PALM OIL POLICY|
|PEPSICO: NOT DOING ENOUGH?|
|A REVISED COMMITTMENT|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Ethical dilemma; Corporate Sustainability; Sustainable supply chain; Ethical sourcing; Supply chain transparency; Supply chain risk mitigation; Supply chain mapping; Climate change; Deforestation; Human rights as a Management issue; Businesses as human rights advocates; Business-government-society relationship; Stakeholder management; Stakeholder tension; Stakeholder engagement;