Sustainable Agricultural Practices for Empowering Women Farmers: Green Foundation
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Analyze the Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP) initiative implemented by GREEN Foundation.
- Understand the problem related to gender gap in rural India and the strategy of GREEN for empowering women.
- Understand the socio-economic conditions of the women farmers under which the MKSP program was initiated.
- Understand the MKSP initiative in promoting sustainable livelihoods of the women engaged in agriculture.
- Understand the factors that contributed to the success of the MKSP initiative in the Chitradurga and Ramanagara districts in Karnataka.
- Identify the challenges faced by GREEN while implementing the MKSP initiative.
- Examine the challenges GREEN could face while scaling up the MKSP initiative to neighboring districts in Karnataka.
|About Green Foundation|
|Green's First Initiatives|
|Dealing With The Gender Bias|
|Implementing Mahlia Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana|
|Associating With Women's Earth Alliance|
Genetic Resource, Ecology, Energy, and Nutrition (GREEN) Foundation Gender disparities, Gender equality, Women empowerment, Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana, National Rural Livelihoods Mission, Green Revolution, Sustainable agriculture, Organic farming, Food security, Economic security, Biodiversity conservation, Environmental degradation, Organic India Council, Food and Agriculture Organization, United Nations Millennium Development Goals