Case Code : CLMC046
Publication date : 2007
Subject : Marketing Communications
Industry : -
Length : 02 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Advertising, Creativity, Ethics, Nimbus Communication, Neo Sports, Cricket, pay-off line, racism, Atithi Devo Bhava, tourism, Ogilvy & Mather, Abby Awards
1: This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
2: More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
Advertising might, at times, trod on the fine line between creativity and ethical considerations. The highly creative advertising agency Ogilvy & Mather found it the hard way when its ads promoting the Neo Sports channel drew a lot of flak as a section of the audience and experts felt that its ads portrayed racism.
Questions for Discussion:
1. Critically analyze the marketing communication campaign of Nimbus Communication. Discuss the reasons for the controversy surround the campaign.
2. Do you agree with critics that the ads of Nimbus Communication were unethical? How can a company balance creativity and ethics in advertising?
Cases on related topics:
1. Atithi Devo Bhavah: Indian Tourism Ministry's Social Awareness Program to Boost Tourism in India
2. The Chappell Way (A): A Case Study in Team Building and Group Dynamics
3. Sourav Ganguly (A): A Case Study in Leadership
4. Race-Specific Drug 'BiDil': Nitromed's Marketing Challenge