Rebranding Union Bank of India

            
 
Case Studies | Case Study in Business, Management, Operations, Strategies, Business Case Study

ICMR HOME | Case Studies Collection

Case Details:

Case Code : MKTG285
Case Length :10 Pages
Period : 2008-2009
Pub Date : 2012
Teaching Note : Not Available
Organization :Union Bank of India
Industry : Banking
Countries : India

To download Rebranding Union Bank of India case study (Case Code: MKTG285) click on the button below
, and select the case from the list of available cases:

Marketing Management Case Studies | Case Study in Management, Operations, Strategies, Marketing Management, Case Studies

Buy Now

Amount to be paid:



Prefer to pay in another currency ?
Select Currency for Payment



Exchange Rates: Click Here
Delivery Details: Click Here

Price:
For delivery in electronic format: Rs. 300;
For delivery through courier (within India): Rs. 300+ Shipping & Handling Charges extra

Marketing Case Studies
Marketing Management Short Case Studies
View Detailed Pricing Info
How To Order This Case
Business Case Studies
Case Studies by Area
Case Studies by Industry
Case Studies by Company

Custom Search


Please note:

This case study was compiled from published sources, and is intended to be used as a basis for class discussion. It is not intended to illustrate either effective or ineffective handling of a management situation. Nor is it a primary information source.



Chat with us

Strategic Management Formulation, Implementation, & Control, 12e

Please leave your feedback

Leave Your Feedback

ICMR India ICMR India ICMR India ICMR India RSS Feed

<< Previous

Background Note

Union Bank of India, one of the oldest public sector banks in India, was incorporated on November 11, 1919, as the "The Union Bank of India Ltd" and was inaugurated by the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. Its registered head office was at Marzban Road, Mumbai. This was later shifted to Fort, Mumbai, in 1921. After nationalization in 1969, the name of the bank was changed to "Union Bank of India" and the registered address was changed to Nariman Point, Mumbai.7 Since then, the bank had grown at a healthy pace, expanding throughout India and introducing many new product lines and services.

Marketing Management Case Studies | Case Study in Management, Operations, Strategies, Marketing Management, Case Studies

The majority of the bank shares were with the government (60.85 percent) while institutional investors and retail investors held 4.11 and 35.04 percent of shares respectively. The bank went public on August 20, 2002, with its Initial Public Offering (IPO). The government had a share of 60.85 percent and the remaining 39.15 percent were with institutions, individuals, and others. The bank went in for a Follow on Public Offer (FPO) on February 15, 2006. The FPO was over-subscribed by 29.82 percent. The pattern of share holding changed with 55.43 percent of shares being with the government and institutions holding 31.17 percent of shares. Individuals and others held 13.40 percent of shares.

On April 1, 2006, M V Nair (Nair) took over as Chairman and Managing Director of the bank from K Cherian Verghese (Verghese). Verghese had developed a strong base for the bank and Nair strengthened this through various initiatives. Nair, who had served Dena Bank8 as Executive Director before taking charge as Chairman and Managing Director of iUnion Bank, started leveraging technology, process change, and empowering people through the 'Nav Nirman' project...

Excerpts - Next Page >>


7] "Draft Red Herring Prospectus of Union Bank of India by Security Exchange Board of India", www.sebi.gov.in/dp/ubidraft.pdf, May 06, 2011.
8] Dena Bank is one of the leading Public Sector Banks in India.


Custom Search
 

Case Studies Links:- Case Studies, Short Case Studies, Simplified Case Studies.

Other Case Studies:- Multimedia Case Studies, Cases in Other Languages.

Business Reports Link:- Business Reports.

Books:- Textbooks, Workbooks, Case Study Volumes.