Genetically Modified Crops in India: The Bt Brinjal Controversy
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Analyze the business environment for GM crops in India.
- Study the regulatory environment pertaining to GM crops in India.
- Understand the Biosafety protocol and its necessity and relevance to developing countries like India.
- Understand biosafety governance in India: its accuracy and lacunae
- Discuss the role of activists and researchers in influencing policies
|The Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety|
|The Cartagena Protocol in India|
|Transgenes in India|
|Status of Bt Brinjal|
|Two Sides of the Brinjal Story|
Business environment, Regulatory environment, Sustainable development, Biodiversity, Public policy, Genetically modified crops, Biosafety, Cartagena protocol, Genetic engineering, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Monsanto, Mahyco-Monsanto, Bt cotton, Bt brinjal,Monsanto Holdings,Agricultural biotechnology,Biosafety,Hybrid Seeds,Cartagena Protocol,transgenic crop,sizeable population,Green Revolution, mono cropping,Biosafety,