Gothenburg Trial: Can Shorter Workday Raise Productivity?
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the significance of workplace policies and practices on employee motivation, productivity, and quality of work life.
- Discuss and debate the pros and cons of shifting to a six-hour workday.
- Analyze the viability of adopting a shorter workday in a particular industry .
- Identify the issues and challenges in shifting to a shorter workday.
- Explore alternative options to improve employee productivity as well as quality of work life.
|WHAT SCIENTIFIC STUDIES SAY|
|THE GOTHENBURG EXPERIMENT|
Gothenburg experiment, Workplace policy, Productivity, Motivation, Quality of work life, Work-life balance, Six-hour workday, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, General Management, Toyota