Boeing 787 Dreamliner: Innovation Gone Wrong?
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the importance of innovation in the aerospace industry and how Boeing managed the supply chain to come up with a product that was hailed as a major innovation;
- Discuss the reasons for the post launch problems faced by the 787 Dreamliner;
- Analyze the pros and cons of outsourcing in aviation;
- Discuss and debate whether the 787 Dreamliner can be considered an innovation in light of the problems it was facing.
- Explore ways in which Boeing could salvage the situation.
|The Making Of The Boeing 787 'Dreamliner'|
|Grounding Of Dreamliner|
|The Road Ahead|
Supply chain, Supply chain management, Outsourcing, Innovation, Operations management, Manufacturing, Design, Collaborative manufacturing, Value engineering, Strategy, Implementation