Leveraging Social Media: Narendra Modi’s Successful Prime Ministerial Campaign
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the growing importance of digital marketing for organizations not involved in the business of selling goods and services.
- Analyze the reasons behind the growing importance of social media in the marketing communications strategies of companies and other organizations.
- Discuss and debate the advantages of social media channels when compared with the traditional media channels like television, radio, and print.
- Discuss the reasons behind the success of the BJP’s campaign for the 2014 general elections of India.
- Suggest the strategies that the new government could adopt to open communication with the public
|An Obamaesque Campaign|
|The 2014 General Elections|
|BJP's Campaign For The Elections|
|Use Of Social Media For Campaigning|
|Reaching The Bottom|
|A Spectacular Victory|
Social media strategy, Information and Communication Technology, Communication, Big data,Marketing Communications, Digital marketing strategies, Political advertising, Shopping model for political campaigns, Campaign strategy, Election campaign, Social media messaging, Crowd sourcing, Narendra Modi, Barack Obama