Marketing Maker’s Mark (A): Evolution of a Brand
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the marketing principles adopted by Maker’s Mark.
- Understand the issues and challenges in creating a brand and evolving it over time.
- Understand the reasons for the brand developing such a loyal customer base.
- Analyze the digital marketing initiative of Maker’s Mark.
- Critically analyze the ‘It Is What It Isn’t’ Campaign.
- Discuss and debate what the company should do to overcome the product shortage problem.
|The Product And Process|
|Principles Of Maker's Mark Marketing|
|'It Is What It Isn't' Campaign|
|Spurt In Demand|
Principles of marketing; Evolution of a brand; Loyalty program; Ambassador Loyalty Program; Manage demand; Manage shortage; Advertisements; Print ads; TV advertisement; Publicity; Digital marketing; Social media; Brand Management; Branding; Brand differentiators; Marketing code; Marketing strategies; Bourbon industry;