The Walt Disney Company: An Uncertain New Millennium (C)|Business Strategy|Case Study|Case Studies

The Walt Disney Company: An Uncertain New Millennium (C)

Case Studies | Case Study in Business, Management, Operations, Strategy, Case Study

ICMR HOME | Case Studies Collection

Case Details:

Case Code : BSTA127
Case Length : 10 Pages
Period : -
Organization : -
Pub Date : 2005
Teaching Note :Not Available
Countries : California
Industry : -

To download The Walt Disney Company: An Uncertain New Millennium (C) case study (Case Code: BSTA127) click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:

Business Ethics Case Studies | Case Study in Management, Operations, Strategies, Business Ethics, Case Studies


Buy With PayPal

Amount to be paid:

Prefer to pay in another currency ?
Select Currency for Payment

Exchange Rates: Click Here
Delivery Details: Click Here


For delivery in electronic format: Rs. 300;
For delivery through courier (within India): Rs. 300 + Rs. 25 for Shipping & Handling Charges
Business Strategy Case Studies
Case Studies Collection
Business Strategy Short Case Studies
View Detailed Pricing Info
How To Order This Case
Business Case Studies
Area Specific Case Studies
Industry Wise Case Studies
Company Wise Case Studies

Custom Search

Please note:

This case study was compiled from published sources, and is intended to be used as a basis for class discussion. It is not intended to illustrate either effective or ineffective handling of a management situation. Nor is it a primary information source.

Chat with us

Strategic Management Formulation, Implementation, & Control, 12e

Please leave your feedback

Leave Your Feedback

ICMR India ICMR India ICMR India ICMR India RSS Feed

<< Previous


Michael Eisner (Eisner) looked more troubled than ever as the new millennium approached. Many attempts to broker an out-of-court settlement with Jeffrey Katzenberg fell apart. Finally, Disney agreed to pay Katzenberg a princely sum of $250 million as a share of his profits from Disney hits made during Katzenberg's time. \ Disney acquired 43% of Internet search engine Infoseek for $70 million, and together they launched the GO Network in 1999. Disney bought the remaining 57% of Infoseek later that year and formed (later renamed Walt Disney Internet Group), which began trading as a separate tracking stock. In early 2000, ABC chairman Robert Iger was named Disney's president and COO (and heir apparent to Eisner).

Business Strategy | Case Study in Management, Operations, Strategies, Business Strategy, Case Studies

Increasing Concerns

In 2001, Disney expanded its theme parks in Anaheim, opening Downtown Disney and Disney's California Adventure. It also announced a further restructuring of its Internet business, including closing the search site and converting its Internet tracking stock back into Disney common stock. That year Disney formed a joint venture with Wenner Media (US Weekly LLC) and took a 50% stake in entertainment magazine US Weekly. Later, Disney bought Fox Family Channel, which it renamed ABC Family, from News Corp. and Haim Saban for $2.9 billion in cash and assumption of $2.3 billion in debt...

Excerpts >>

Custom Search

Economics for Managers Textbook
Textbooks Collection

Economics for Managers Workbook
ICMR books Collection

Case Studies in Business Strategy Volume VI

Case Studies in Business Strategy
e-Book on Business Strategy

Case Study Volumes Collection


Case Studies Links:- Case Studies, Short Case Studies, Simplified Case Studies.

Other Case Studies:- Multimedia Case Study, Cases in Other Languages.

Business Reports Link:- Business Reports.

Books:- Textbooks, Work Books, Case Study Volumes.