The Turnaround Plan of Mcdonald's: A Long Way to Go
This case won the second prize in 2016 John Molson MBA Case Writing Competition
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- To understand the impact of a dynamically changing competitive environment.
- To recognize the need to understand customer requirements and bring about appropriate strategy changes.
- To identify the measures needed to contain the downward spiral of a company in trouble.
- To retain customers in the face of growing competition and changing preferences and perceptions.
- To understand how competitors’ strategies impact business decisions.
|PLAN TO FIX|
|TROUBLE ON THE MENU|
|THE TURNAROUND PLAN|
McDonald’s, Turnaround, turnaround strategies, decline; evaluation of a turnaround plan; Steve Easterbrook; market segments; franchisee; competitive strategy; restructuring