OnePlus: A Chinese Tech Start-up Aiming to Disrupt the Global Smartphone Market
This case is a Winner of the 2015 Global Contest for the “Best China-focused Cases”, co-organized by the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai MBA Case Development and Sharing Platform and The Global Platform of China Cases.
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Evaluate the business model of OnePlus and understand the factors that contributed to the success of OnePlus.
- Examine the competitive strategy adopted by OnePlus.
- Examine the global first strategy of OnePlus.
- Understand the threats faced by Chinese start-ups like OnePlus in the global smartphone sector.
- Identify the challenges faced by OnePlus in the intensely competitive Chinese as well as global smartphone market and explore strategies that the company might adopt to sustain itself in these markets.
|BUSINESS MODEL OF ONEPLUS|
|GLOBAL FIRST STRATEGY|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Entrepreneurship; Start-up phase; Scalable start-ups; Business model; The business model canvas; Four box framework; Business Model; Innovation; Competition; Hypercompetition; Competitive strategy; Hybrid Strategy; International management; Globalization strategy