Case Studies
Business Strategy
Human Resource Management
Leadership & Entrepreneurship
Business Ethics
More from ICMR
Short Case Studies
Micro Case Studies
Industry wise Case Studies
Company wise Case Studies
Concept wise Case Studies
Cases in Other Languages
Simplified Case Studies
Multimedia Case Study
Free Case Studies
Best Selling Cases
  Related Links
Management Resources
International Publications
Global Users
Working Hours/Holidays
Business Cases
IndiaMART becomes first B2B marketplace in India to register 10 crore users
Source: Business Standard, February 27, 2020
Leading B2B marketplace IndiaMART has seen a 10-fold increase in its user base over the past six years to achieve 10 crore registered users on the platform. Nearly 36 per cent of the traffic on IndiaMART comes from metro cities and the remaining 64 per cent from tier one, tier two and smaller towns.
Our Case
The case “IndiaMART – The Evolving B2B Marketplace” talks about the growth of IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd. (IndiaMART) in the Indian B2B marketplace and the solutions provided by it for the buyers and sellers on its platform. Initially, IndiaMART catered to the needs of the exporters by listing them on its website and creating websites for them. Gradually with the changing economic conditions, IndiaMART gravitated toward the domestic SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises). To know more read our case:
General Motors' Exit from India – A Wise Move?
“IndiaMART-The Evolving B2B Marketplace”
General Motors to exit Australia, New Zealand in $1.1 Billion overhaul
Source: Livemint, February 17, 2020
General Motors Co. said it will leave Australia, New Zealand and Thailand by year-end as it continues to exit poor-performing markets and focus its resources on new technologies like self-driving cars and electric vehicles. The largest US automaker said it will take $1.1 billion in charges mostly in the first quarter, of which $300 million is cash, to cover the costs of leaving those markets. The company will retire the Australian Holden brand, withdraw the Chevrolet brand from Thailand and sell its Rayong plant there to China’s Great Wall Motor Co., GM said in a statement.
Our Case
The cases “General Motors’ Exit from India – A Wise Move?” and “General Motors' Exit from Europe” talk about the circumstances that forced GM to exit auto markets. GM failed to create a space for itself in the highly competitive Indian auto market that was considered the fastest growing market in the world. GM was also facing tough times since 2000 in Europe with the failure of the Chevrolet and Opel brands. Added to that, the changing European market conditions and excess and idle production capacities forced GM to consider the strategy of divestment from Europe. To Know more, read our cases:
General Motors' Exit from Europe
Zomato acquires Uber Eats in all-stock transaction
Source: The Hindu BusinessLine, January 21, 2020
Food delivery platform Zomato has acquired Uber’s food delivery business -- UberEats -- in India in an all-stock transaction. With this, Uber Eats will discontinue operations in India. It will direct restaurants, delivery partners, and users of the UberEats apps to the Zomato platform, effective from 7 am on Tuesday. However, the deal gives Uber 9.99 per cent ownership in Zomato.
Our Case
Zomato had to face hard-hitting competition from Swiggy, Foodpanda and Uber Eats. Every firm tried its level best to increase their market share either by giving deep discounts or providing varied offers. In the year 2017, Zomato launched a subscription-based program called Zomato Treats and a premium membership program called Zomato Gold. To know about Zomato’s strategies to tackle threat from the heavily funded rival Swiggy and other players, read our case:
“Zomato: Can it win the Battle for Leadership in India’s Food Tech Market?”
Business Strategy Marketing Finance Technology
HyperPure: Zomato`s 
Carrefour`s Retreat
Natura`s Acquisition
Quikr`s Inorganic Growth
Auchan: Successfully
Raymond: Giving a
India`s Kalyan Jewellers
AMUL Girl: Staying
SellMed Online: Selling
Alibaba`s `New Retail`
Bandhan Bank`s Valuation
Liquidity Assessment
Financial Statement Analysis
Wells Fargo-The Fake
Vardhman Textiles Ltd.
charity: water- Bringing
Swiggy`s Delivery Model
Kheyti`s Greenhouse-in-a-Box
Sulabh International: Providing
Grofers` Growing Ambition
Passenger Data Breach
Maruti`s Digital
Apple`s Homekit: Bringing
Aadhaar Data Leaks: How
Algorithms to Style People
Planned Obsolescence:
Sterlite Copper Plant
Ashley Madison Hacking
Eliminating Modern Slavery
IKEA`s Challenges in Russia
Should Coca-Cola Enter
Tesco Exits Turkey
Petrobras Scandal: Brazil`s


ICMR- IBS City Office #52,
Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta,
Hyderabad- 500 082
Telangana, India.

            +91- 9640901313
2020-25 IBS Center for Management Research.All Copyright reserved.

Please leave your message and
we will get back soon.