Big Data Strategy of Procter & Gamble: Turning Big Data into Big Value
| Case Code: ITSY091
Case Length: 14 Pages
Pub Date: 2017
Teaching Note: Available
| Price: Rs.600
Industry: Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Countries: US; Europe; Global
Themes: Big Data Strategy, Digital Transformation
Abstract Case Intro 1 Case Intro 2 Excerpts
This case is about the challenges faced by the new CIO of P&G, Linda W. Clement-Holmes (Linda), in taking the big data strategy of the leading consumer packaged goods company forward. Under her predecessor, Filippo Passerini (Passerini), P&G had leveraged big data successfully in all its business decisions – marketing, product development, supply chain, etc. The company collected consumer data and other data from multiple touch points as part of its digitization drive. The case elucidates the benefits that the company had derived from big data, including cost savings and the speedier roll-out of new products. The case also explores the potential downside of an excessive focus on big data and digitization, including diluting the human touch in the company’s interactions with its customers, and other potential risks of employing big data. Linda faced a challenging situation as she tried to take the company’s big data strategy forward at a time when P&G was facing difficult times.
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the opportunities and challenges in implementing a big data strategy.
- Understand the significance of accessibility to information in an organization and how its functioning can be transformed through the availability of real-time data.
- Discuss the ways in which big data could be productively employed in an organization.
- Understand how big data can be effectively exploited in some of the key business functions.
- Understand the limitations of employing big data.
Big data origins
Big data at P&G
Big Data Strategy, Digitization, Adapting data analytics for innovations and decision making, Big data applications in the retail sector, Business decisions, Marketing, Product development, Supply chain, Real-time data, Predictive Analytics, Strategic capabilities, Competitive advantage, Procter & Gamble
Buy this case study (Please select any one of the payment options)
||Price: Rs.600||PayPal (13 USD)