Facebook Inc.: Navigating Data Privacy?
| Case Code: BECG172
Case Length: 12 Pages
Pub Date: 2021
Teaching Note: Not Available
| Price: Rs.300
Organization: Facebook Inc.
Industry: Technology & Communications
Countries: United States
Themes: Data Privacy, Corporate Image & Identity,Social Media,Accountability
Abstract Case Intro 1 Case Intro 2 Excerpts
The case ‘Facebook Inc.: Navigating Data Privacy?’ describes the various data privacy issues related to Facebook and the approach taken by the company to ensure that its reputation and brand image are not diluted. The case also touches upon the rising concerns from various quarters and how Facebook planned to look at ways to move away from these concerns.
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the data security issues in social media, anti-trust law and practices.
- Examine the need for stringent data privacy regulations.
- Discuss the role of data security in social networking.
- Understand the need for effective corporate communications.
- Explore social media business models.
Data Privacy Issues at Facebook
The Aftermath of a Decade Long History of Data Privacy Issues
The Road Ahead
Data privacy; Social media; Digital Advertising; Social Networking; Data Security; Ethics;Corporate Communication; Anti-trust Laws, Competition Policy; Business Model; Technology Strategy
Buy this case study (Please select any one of the payment options)
||Price: Rs.300||PayPal (7 USD)