Procter & Gamble`s ‘Double Down’ Strategy during COVID-19 Pandemic
Case Code: BSTR631
Case Length: 18 Pages
Pub Date: 2022
Teaching Note: Available
Organization : Procter & Gamble
Industry : -
Countries : United States
Themes: Branding Strategy, Consumer Behavior, Advertising & Promotion,Brand Strategy
Abstract Case Intro 1 Case Intro 2 Excerpts
The case “Procter & Gamble’s ‘Double Down’ Strategy during COVID-19 Pandemic” discusses the strategy adopted by US-based multinational Consumer goods company to increase its brand visibility during the COVID-19 pandemic. With the outbreak of corona virus in the US, the government imposed lockdown. Expecting an unspecified period of lockdown, people began to stockpile essential items. As a result retailers struggled to maintain adequate stocks of popular items. Business houses began to cut down on media expenditure in anticipation of recession. But amid all uncertainty, P&G decided to double down its investment on marketing initiative to increase its brand visibility. Despite such unfavorable market conditions and economic slowdown, will P&G be successful with its advertizing strategy?
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand issues and challenges in understanding consumer behavior –the rationale behind panic buying.
- Analyze the changing behavior patterns of consumers during crisis.
- Evaluate the company’s business strategy to remain competitive during the pandemic phase.
- Evaluate the company’s media strategy to double down on media spends during the pandemic.
- Explore the issue and challenges that the company was likely to face with regard to its strategy during times of an economic slowdown.
Coronavirus Outbreak, Panic Buying and Stockpiling
Covid Induced Consumer Behavioural Changes
Manufacturers’ Response to The Rising Demand
P&G’s Double Down Strategy
Business Strategy; FMCG Products, COVID-19 Pandemic; Consumer Buying behavior; Panic buying; Stockpiling; Advertising & Promotion; Brand visibility.
Buy this case study (Please select any one of the payment options)
||Price: Rs.400||PayPal (9 USD)